Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Neighbors The Yamadas




Storyline:

My Neighbours the Yamadas is made up of a series of sketches which focus on the ordinary Yamada family and their daily tales that range from the humourous to the heartbreaking, we see this family cope with life's little conflicts, problems and joys in their own way.





 


Review:

When seeing the very first pictures, I wondered what these drawings were, so far from the characters I got used to see. The animation is all water colored. And it looks like you're really look at a Comic.

And then, the magic of its humor took me. I was having no problem at all to follow the jokes, due to a possible lack in cultural knowledge. Yet, I don't think I missed so much. This Yamada family is close enough to us, and their behavior seemed rather universal to me.

Lots of wonderful images and full characters along with moments that will keep a smile in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment